Friday, February 5, 2010

{ update time!}

Since every Sseko supporter has played an enormous role in getting these incredible young women off to college, here is a little sneak peak and update about Rebecca's new life at University. If you have any questions you'd like to know, shoot me an email (liz@ssekodesigns.com) and we will get Rebecca on the line.

What university are you attending?

Uganda Christian University in Mukono

What courses are you taking and why?

I am taking my course in Social work and social administration because it will give me the opportunity to work with people whom I would also wish to interact in my life.

What is your favorite part about being in college?

The lectures and the meals.

What has been the biggest challenge you have experienced so far in university?

Having to adjust to the new environment and making new friends.

Looking back, what is the most valuable thing you learned being part of the Sseko team?

I learnt the value of team work, which when applied, production increases. I also learnt how to love and care for others. For example, the Sseko founders have showed us love and care in the same way sharing love among the three of us has been a great factor in our success.


If you could say one thing to the people who support Sseko and wear the beautiful sandals YOU made, what would it be?

I would say thank you for the support through buying the shoes and request them to enourage others to buy, which will help us and other women who will join Sseko in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment